[meteorite-list] iron meteorites and earth origins

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 11:20:48 EDT 2006

Hi all -

I'm setting something of a personal record here today
-  we all get enough messages, and I have to remember
that not everything requires my personal comment, but
in this case, here goes -

IF only NASA would provide us with some decent new
crater counts from the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, it
would save us from a lot of theory and computer
models.

The differentation in irons these folks are seeing may
have come from only one proto-planet whose accretion
suddenly stopped, say 3.8 billion years ago.

In closing, we still don't have a unified accretion
model which accounts for all of the craters.

Good hunting -
EP

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>