[meteorite-list] Man in Norway 2 m from meteorite fallingonFriday!

marcin at polandmet.com marcin at polandmet.com
Mon Jul 17 14:39:57 EDT 2006

> A little question, though.  The new meteorite is fairly magnetic; despite
> its physical appearance, wouldn't that pretty much eliminate it from the
> carbonaceous chondrite group, which are weakly magnetic at best?
> Tracy Latimer

Why not magnetic ?
My Murchirson is magnetic enough to hold that magnet ring even if its still
weak magnetic meteorite.
I dont remember how its situation with CO chondrites, but this magnet not
looks heavy so it can stick also to very weak meteorites.
For me this matrix looks too strange (too gray) for normal chondrite.

http://www.Meteoryt.net             marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com       marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com      GSM +48(607)535 195