[meteorite-list] Steve and Geoff on ABC

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Mon Jul 3 17:07:29 EDT 2006

Dear Listees:

I was interviewed by ABC News this morning for the asteroid fly-by
story. The journalist was particularly interested in large crater
events and meteorite hunting.

There are a few photos of Steve Arnold and myself, along with some
other nice meteorite pics, and a panorama of the Popigai Crater from my
1999 Siberia expedition on the ABC website now:
http://www.abcnews.go.com

There are five main stories in rotation on the site. If you wait a
moment, you'll see the asteroid story "Close Encounter: Asteroid Zips
by Earth" appear. When it does, click on the link immediately under the
asteroid image which says: "PHOTOS It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a
Meteorite?" You will then be taken to the slideshow. There are eight
photos in the slideshow.

Thanks to List member Sonny Clary who took the photo of Steve and me at
Brenham.

Regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org