[meteorite-list] Meteorite related things to do in California

Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Sat Jul 1 21:03:29 EDT 2006

Hi Mike,

> I need to travel to Carlsbad at the end o July and will have a day
> or two free.  Wondering if there are any museums, dealers or other
> meteorite things to do between LA and San Diego.  Of course, I will
> also visit the caves and see the bats.

Are you sure you've got the right Carlsbad?  Unless the caves
and bats of which you speak are made of Legos?  ;-)

Lots of meteorites, of course, at UCLA in Westwood (though only a
fraction are on display).  I'd suggest visiting the Griffith
Observatory, but I don't think they've reopened yet after major
renovations.

--Rob