[meteorite-list] Stardust Capsule Reentry Movie

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jan 28 07:18:55 EST 2006

Stunning video indeed! For me, funny to hear the voice of mission PI Peter
Jenniskens too, who's a long standing friend of mine (we observed meteors
together from his parent's farm when he was still in Hollland)

 > Too bad the plane wasn't in a racetrack turning to the right
 > in order to allow longer tracking of Stardust at its brightest, but what
 > they did capture was quite spectacular...

I think they had equipment on the other side of the aircraft as well....

 > One thing I noticed right at the end of the video is what appears to
 > be a fast meteor streak at the upper left corner of the frame just
 > as Stardust reaches the right edge of the window.

It definitely is a meteor indeed.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek