[meteorite-list] Term Main Mass

dfreeman dfreeman at fascination.com
Fri Jan 20 00:56:45 EST 2006

Dear Doug;
"Cereal wars" LOL....I prefer "tastes great, less filling" wars!

I think the "main mass" issue is a product of the system in NWA's.
 I also think that "main mass" is a fluid issue. One could have "had" a
main mass when it was the largest..for example the  largest piece before
Steve Arnold (IMB) located the current "main mass" and, yes, bless his
karma, may he find an even larger "main mass" to replace his current one.
NWA world is an amazing elephant in the room for any number of reasons
and we all should elect to accept  the issue of NWA's will be an
elephant in the room.  Always, and it may be different colors, and it
may leave a "main mass" on those who stir it often.
Didn't we debate this one before?
Best,
Dave F.