Fw: [meteorite-list] I have lost ALL emails.

Dave Carothers davecarothers at erols.com
Tue Jan 3 21:55:09 EST 2006

Mike,

This is for recovering email that has been accidently dragged and dropped
into the top level folder where it is lost from view. The top level folder
is called in:
- Outlook 97 - 'Mailbox (your, name)' folder.
- Outlook 2000 - 'Outlook Today - [Mailbox - (your, name)]' folder.
- Outlook XP 2002 - 'Outlook Today - [Mailbox - (your, name)]' folder.

If you think you might of lost email this way, you can recover it by doing
the following:

Outlook 97

Its easy. From the main Outlook screen:
1. ensure that 'folder list' is showing: click 'View' menu then 'Folder
list' to switch it on or off.
2. click on the 'Mailbox - (your.name)' folder - see any lost mail.
3. drag it back into your 'Inbox' folder.

Outlook 2000

Its relatively easy:
1. ensure that 'folder list' is showing: click 'View' menu then 'Folder
list' to switch it on or off.
2. click on the 'Outlook Today - [Mailbox (your.name)]' folder.
3. click on the 'View' menu then the 'Show Folder Home Page' option - see
missing files (if any).
4. drag it back into your 'Inbox' folder.

Outlook XP 2002

It can be done in the web version of Outlook:
1. start Internet Explorer or other web browser.
2. into the address line type:
exchange.lancs.ac.uk/exchange
3. when asked for your user name type: lancs\(your Windows username)
then below enter your usual password.
4. click OK - see the 'Outlook Web Access' client.
5. click on 'Surname, name' folder at the top left - see your missing files.
6. drag it back into your 'Inbox' folder.

Hope this helps,

Dave