[meteorite-list] Pasamonte stone!

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 01:07:36 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/2/2006 9:53:42 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
meteoritehunter at comcast.net writes:
Well, after 9 years of dealing and  collecting meteorites, I have finally
succeeded in getting a complete  Pasamonte stone! I recently bought a stone
from a collector, with British  Museum label, 39 grams, Nininger #197V
British Museum #  1959-756.
http://www.meteoriteguy.com/collection/pasamonte.htm
Check it  out and tell me what you think.
I am stoked about adding this rare little  puppy to my "new" collection.

I just finished reading  the section  in "Find a Falling Star", about the
Pasamonte fall, and I am sitting here  with the book, and the story written
50 years ago, and holding one of  Nininger's stones! Red it on pages 65-70.
This is what I love about  meteorites, reading the history, I can almost see
myself standing there with  Nininger, asking so many people about the
fireball, excited and anxious  about tracking down the meteorite that he knew
was close-by.

Michael  Farmer

A couple years ago during a local mineral show, a young woman asked me if I
had a piece of the Pasamonte meteorite, I did, just a micro and she bought it.
I  asked her why she was interested by that meteorite in particular. She told
me  she had just finished writing the history of the family that had owned
the  Pasamonte Ranch when the meteorite fell, it was her thesis for a PhD in
History.  We talked quite a while longer, and she finally mailed a copy of her
thesis to  me. Very interesting.
BTW: would you like to guess where that family lived  before they bought the
Pasamonte Ranch?
PARAGOULD. And they  spent some time in Texline too!!!   Weird!

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A.  Inc.