[meteorite-list] Meridiani Planum

Christian Anger christian.anger at aon.at
Sun Jan 1 18:37:27 EST 2006

Hi all,

check this link:

http://www.markcarey.com/mars/discuss-23911-high-resolution-color-images-of-
the-iron-meteorite-oppsol-349.html

Cheers,

Christian

IMCA #2673 at www.imca.cc
website: www.austromet.com

Christian Anger
Korngasse 6
2405 Bad Deutsch-Altenburg
AUSTRIA

email: christian.anger at aon.at

From: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Farmer
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 12:25 AM
To: batkol; Meteorite Mailing List
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Meridiani Planum

WOW, now this is good news. I knew they were going to grind it, but never
followed up on it. The first known and named meteorite sitting on the
surface of another planet! How cool is that?
Man, I hope we can bring it here some day! It should be at the Smithsonian,
what a centerpiece, and iron meteorite collected on Mars.
Mike Farmer

On another Mars note, the newest confirmed Martian meteorite is NWA 2975. A
shergottite that is considered to be the freshest hot-desert find known. The
main mass is sold, only 2.5 grams remain to be sold, and a small piece is in
the Michael Blood auction.
You may see it on display in my room at the Inn Suites #184 before the new
owner takes possession of it.

Mike Farmer