[meteorite-list] a reply to Hupe and Farmer

Mark Rexburg mark377835 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:48:28 EST 2006

As a relatively new collector I could be missing the point.  But, isn't true
that a "rock" does not become a meteorite, (Lunar, Martian, or anything
else), until a scientist says so and assigns a number or name?

If this is true, then it would be untruthful for anyone, especially a
dealer, to say "I have a Lunar meteorite" until it has been verified.

Randy