[meteorite-list] re: Pultusk total mass

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Mon Feb 20 17:02:22 EST 2006

Bernd Wrote:

 > Matteo wrote (a scritto):
 >
 >> "we have to calculate the many pieces in the private collections."
 >
 > Right! I own 11 grams of Pultusk. It's a polished end section with
 > fresh, velvet black fusion crust and extremely abundant FeNi flakes
 > that I purchased from David New in 1993 (January 1993 sales list).

I can add to this my whopping 4.2 grams complete individual that I obtained from
Rob Elliot in 2001. Complete fusion crust and as tiny as it is, it even has what
looks like small regmaglypths.

As we say in Dutch: "All tiny contributions help, said the Mosquito, and he peed
in the ocean..."

- Marco  ;-)

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek