[meteorite-list] Adam's NWA 2989 Acapulcoite

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Tue Feb 14 22:47:08 EST 2006

Re: Jim noted, "I got this slice in a trade from Blaine Reed under the NWA
2871 number which had a tkw of 3467 grams."

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/nwa2871.htm

As par for you Jim, very awesome slice.  I mistyped my last e-mail, my slice
is NWA 2871.  At 2.2 grams it is much smaller then Jim's 178...but it would
be just as impressive if this was a two-dimensional world.  I'll let you
think on that for a second.  (pause.)

"Blaine is not a list member."

No, he sees the list as a bad thing.  As we do tend to kick up dust every so
often...and turn people off of meteorites.

"Sorry about the bad photos"

As you noted, it is a very hard meteorite to photograph well.  Mine is even
a little harder to photograph....as I can't seem to find it off hand to
share it.  Did I ever tell you about the lunar meteorite I found?  That NWA
482 slice was lost for almost a year.....

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas...yes Kansas...where meteorites are about 2500 years old!
www.meteoritearticles.com