[meteorite-list] New Mauretanian meteorite?

Peter Marmet p.marmet at mysunrise.ch
Mon Dec 18 16:38:08 EST 2006

On behalf of Beda Hofmann, who's e-mails do not make it to the list
at this time:

Hello list

Does anyone know about a recent fall in Mauretania? I have received a
sample
of a meteorite that supposedly fell on October 12, 2006. At first I
did not
believe the story, the stuff looks like El Hammami and probably is
also an H.
However, first results from low-level gamma-spectroscopy indicate it
is really
a recent fall (short-lived radionuclides are present).

Please let me know if somebody knows that other labs are working on the
classification already...

Best regards
Beda Hofmann
beda.hofmann at geo.unibe.ch