[meteorite-list] tips on transporting meteorites.

ensoramanda ensoramanda at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 16 20:41:35 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

We have now booked our flights to go to the Tucson show..so will be
definately there.

So now for a question to all you well travelled hunters and dealers.....

Now supposing I buy up several amazing specimens at the show :-) ...does
anyone have any tips about transporting them back to the UK.

Would it be best to ship them....or it seems more sensible to bring them
back on the plane...but what are the snags of carrying meteorites in
luggage across the atlantic or within the USA...eg in stowed or hand
luggage?

What are the regulations?

Any tips most welcome....and thanks already to all those who have helped
me so far with planning my visit.

Graham Ensor   Near Barwell UK