[meteorite-list] Meteorite Magazine - Santa Vitoria do Palmar - Ad

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 15:03:31 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/10/2006 9:06:57 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
info at niger-meteorite-recon.de writes:
Dear list,

to all who contacted  me on the article about the Santa Vitoria do Palmar
meteorite in the current  issue of Meteorite Magazine: thank you for your
compliments, which I will  also forward to Dr. Greshake from the MNB. Because
I did not yet receive my  copy, I have not seen which images made it into the
final version of the  story. That is why I can not answer questions regarding
the pictured samples  at the moment. Basicly all material has been sold,
except two large slices,  to beautiful to cut apart. One of these we
currently offer on ebay. The  current price is only a minute fracture of our
acquisition price.

If  interested we recommend quick action as the auction ends  tonight.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwerffroenneQQhtZ-1

The  beauty of the material and the low TKW in mind we are convinced that
Santa  Vitoria will rapidly vanish from the market. The 34kg mass is lost
pending  further notice since 2004, the remaining 10kg main mass has already
been  sold at this year's Denver show. The rest is locked up at the local
Museum  in Santa Vitoria do Palmar / Brazil.

Best regards

Svend Buhl
www.niger-meteorite-recon.de

I  have received my copy of Meteorite Magazine and I can certainly recommend
the  great article Svend wrote about this beautiful meteorite. But if you want
 to see all the pictures in color you will have to go to Svend's site:
_www.niger-meteorite-recon.de_ (http://www.niger-meteorite-recon.de)     And while
you are there you might want to read about some of his expeditions in  the
Tenere. Great articles, and great pictures.
And yes, the main mass of  Santa Vitoria do Palmar was bought during the
Denver Show by Blaine Reed, Robert  Cucchiara and myself. The mass was then
divided and they chose to have their  third sliced. Mine reminded whole, so I now
have the main mass of Santa Vitoria,  and some slices I previously obtained from
Svend. Here is a picture of the  main mass:
_http://www.impactika.com/catpix/AB309.jpg_ (http://www.impactika.com/catpix/AB309.jpg)   I  have more, please
ask if you are interested.

Thank you Svend for bringing this beautiful meteorite to the world.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President,  I.M.C.A. Inc.