[meteorite-list] Fake meteorite

m.mackintosh m.mackintosh at bluewin.ch
Wed Dec 6 10:21:27 EST 2006

Dear Meteorite list,

First of all I would like to thank the three people who very kindly sent me
advice about E-Bay and possible fake emails.

I now have another problem, which perhaps someone could give me advice
about:

I recently bought a Sikhote Aline Meteorite with quote- '' typicl fresh
blue-black fusion crust ''

However the so-called blue-black fusion crust rubs off with only a finger
nail pressure revealing shiny metal underneath !!!

Could someone tell me if this is a common and normal accurance ?

The seller from Florida issued me with a very nice 'Certificate of
Authenticity', and the meteorite was not cheap !

With best wishes,

Moray