[meteorite-list] Stan's NWA 2965 EL3

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Sun Dec 3 00:57:43 EST 2006

Re: http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnwa2965.html

"The AGU abstract adequately and interesting explains the characteristics in
light of it being an EL3 fossil meteorite with primary, unequilibrated
components, with a very sparse abundance of chondrules."

I agree. After you understand the "fossil" aspect, it is easier to "see" the
meteorite. Had the first weathering process not been so hard on the
meteorite, I think we would have a lot more chondrules....such as there is
in the lighter material.

"A public thanks to those owners of the various masses of this fossil
meteorite who donated material for its in-depth study."

Once again I have to agree with David.  It is interesting to note, that if
not for the moroccans breaking the meteorite up and it getting classified
several times the way it did, the true classification might have been a
never known (?).

Clear Skies...and snowy grounds,
Mark Bostick