[meteorite-list] Moss, polished piece photos

Michael Farmer meteoriteguy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 12:35:30 EDT 2006

Ok, I took some photos outside in teh sun, good enough
to get the overview, but seriously, under the
microscope it is an enigma to me. Beautiful,
metal-rich meteorite.

http://meteoriteguy.com/sale-pics/mosscuta.jpg
http://meteoriteguy.com/sale-pics/mosscutb.JPG
http://meteoriteguy.com/sale-pics/mosscutd.JPG

What are the list thoughts? I have never seen such a
metal-rich CO3, but then again, I have never really
dealt with one that was not weathered. There are a few
tiny chondrules, but the large amount of clear
crystals (not visible except under microscope).
Michael Farmer
PS, we should have preliminary data tomorrow.