[meteorite-list] How does regolith get stoned?

Rob McCafferty rob_mccafferty at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 06:23:08 EDT 2006

Probably impact pressures from meteorites. I suppose
heat during the process may be involved but NWA3136
fragments look quite similar to actual regolith. I
would imagine impact melting would change its
appearance more as NWA482 has obvious melt veins which
lunar anorthosite return samples don't seem to have.

What do I know! Probably completely wrong. I've only
seen little bits.

Rob McC