[meteorite-list] Mike and Moss Meteorite

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Sat Aug 26 22:21:36 EDT 2006

Dear Listees:

Greetings all. For those of you who are interested in the Moss
meteorite, I would like to mention that I had the pleasure of visiting
my neighbor Mike Farmer, and examining his finds. It was a real treat
to see this brand-new material in person.

There was a bit of talk on the List about certain Moss specimens being
rained on, but no rain has touched these pieces. They are as fresh as
could be and very interesting looking too.

It's relatively light for a meteorite, so even a 1-gram specimen is big
enough to appreciate. Not receiving any promotional consideration here
: )  just wanted to post my impression of Earth's newest meteorite.
Great find Mike.

Best wishes,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org