[meteorite-list] A Message from Joel Schiff

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Mon Aug 14 13:34:57 EDT 2006

Dear Listees:

Our friend Joel asked me to post the following message on his behalf.

Dean, thank you for delivering those gifts, and for doing a stellar job
with taking photos of the event. We are very grateful for your efforts.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org

[From Joel Schiff]

Yesterday, Dean Bessey, his wife, and beautiful new baby came over for
a social visit as they are now living in Auckland. Dean was carrying
all these things like flowers, gift basket, meteorites, and I thought
for a moment that this is a bit over the top just for a social call.
Then when they came inside, Dean made it clear that these were gifts
from the meteorite community. I was simply overwhelmed by the whole
thing as I knew I did not do anything to deserve all this! For whatever
all of you think I did, I am incredibly grateful for this most generous
of acts.The awards, the meteorites, the gifts, for once I am at a loss
for words. There is this fantastic slice of NWA 032 that I keep looking
at in the same way that my daughter keeps looking at her new engagement
ring. Al Lang, you are a generous, kind soul. And to Geoff Notkin,
Maria Hass, and Dean Bessey, I thank you dearly for organizing this
wonderful surprise.

And to all of those who contributed to this brilliant occasion, I am
honored to have such made such friends as you!

Bless you all,

Joel