[meteorite-list] Moss meteorite TKW contest -- OT: Summer fun with Bubbly

Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Fri Aug 11 19:32:22 EDT 2006

Sterling wrote:

> But if you're dropping the flag right now, I'm breaking out the
> champagne! (Whoops, no champagne in the fridge.  How about Ginger
> Ale? That looks kind of champagnesque, well, if you mix it with
> 7-Up, it does, then add some Baccardi Gold... Hey! it's a
> SCIENCE experiment, that's all.

And if you're into doing some crazy science experiments, try
dumping an entire pack of Mentos into a newly opened 2-liter
bottle of soda -- OUTDOORS!  (Diet soda is usually better --
the resulting mess is less sticky.)  For the most impressive
results, you need to design a delivery system that will smoothly
dump the entire stack of Mentos in less than a second.  (Like
the yield on a fission bomb, bad timing leads to a bit of a
fizzle.)  ;-)  --Rob