[meteorite-list] Odd Gibeon Request

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 22:39:26 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/8/2006 8:31:09 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
cynapse at charter.net writes:
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:27:21 EDT, you  wrote:

>He wants to bend them and solder them end to end to make a  large circle.

How well does meteoritic iron bend?  I'd think (not  being a metallurgist, and
possibly not even spelling it right) that the large  intergrown crystal zones
would make the metal  brittle.

Good question.
And probably something the author of that request didn't think about.
And another thing: I would think that heating the metal, and then hammering
it into shape, would destroy permanently the crystallization pattern.  Right?

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A.  Inc.