[meteorite-list] Inventory reference ideas.

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Sun Aug 6 21:18:09 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 6:30:56 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dgweir at earthlink.net writes:
Hello Anne,

How would you handle multiple  dealers with the same initials? Some examples:

Aziz Habibi
Adam  Hupe

Mike Fowler
Mike Farmer

Michael Casper
Matteo  Chinellato
Michael Cottingham

Ron Hartman
Robert Haag

Steve  Arnold
Steve Arnold
Serge  Afanasiev

David

Good question, David.
As I said, this is a variation of the system I use on my Catalog. Except
that on my Catalog, I use the initials of the owners of the specimens on
consignment, and so far I have had no  duplication.
One possible solution would be to use 3 initials for the Dealer or the
Business Name, for instance IMP for Impactika.
Any other  suggestion?

PACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A.  Inc.