[meteorite-list] [OT] Flooding in Tucson, Photos

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Tue Aug 1 00:58:32 EDT 2006

Dear Listees:

Please excuse the off-topic post, which I am sending because I know so
many of you come out here, each year, to our fine city of Tucson.

We've had very heavy summer rains for the past few days, and our
usually bone-dry Rillito "River" turned into the Mississippi River this
afternoon for a few hours. Roads were closed; bridges were out. It was
all very exciting, and very different from the February-style Tucson
which you know and love. I met a lady who has lived here for 15 years
and she said she'd never seen anything like it.

The first photo shows what this stretch of the Rillito "River" usually
looks like, and the others were taken today during the flood.

http://www.notkin.net/az/rillito.htm

Regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org