[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake petri dish

joseph_town at att.net joseph_town at att.net
Mon Apr 24 21:12:24 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been following this story for a while. I'm sure many on the list have as well. My question is simple. How can a meteorite that has traveled through our murky atmosphere, excuse me Canada, that falls on the surface of a lake and has been stored in some guys freezer be considered as pristine as if none of those things happened?

I can see that his stuff might be in a better state of preservation than most but will the tater tots smeared on it be a subject of new studies and scientific conjecture? Were they just stored in a household freezer all these years? If so they have been in a petri dish.

Bill

From: "Armando Afonso" <armandoafonso at oniduo.pt>