[meteorite-list] Unusual Inclusion in NWA Shergottite

Jeff Kuyken info at meteorites.com.au
Sat Apr 1 07:17:08 EST 2006

G'day List,

Firstly... no, this is not one of the annual meteorite April Fool's jokes!
;-)

Actually... when I was re-photographing a specimen tonight I noticed an
unusual inclusion in a 3.2g partslice of NWA 1068. (From original 'Louis
Michel' mass.) I noticed some very out of place spherules in what I think is
a melt pocket? I must admit my SNC knowledge is pretty limited so I'd really
like to hear opinions from others on the list. Has anyone else seen these in
a Martian meteorite before?

http://www.meteorites.com.au/features/nwa1068.html

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken