[meteorite-list] Tibetanites/moldavites

mark ford markf at ssl.gb.com
Wed Sep 28 04:00:29 EDT 2005

Speaking of tektites,

The other day I was browsing round a local mineral shop, and I couldn't
help wondering (in my usual deeply sceptical way!) how come there is so
much clear green Moldavite jewellery around recently? They had trays of
the stuff.

 Practically every gemshop I have been in has lots of moldavite pieces
(most made into earings and pendants with ridiculous 'magic power
claims' attached).

 Are moldavites really that common/plentiful at the moment or could a
cynic assume that some might be simply 'green glass' ....

Or Perhaps I am being overly cynical!!!

Best,
Mark Ford