[meteorite-list] Re: Tucson auction

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Wed Sep 21 13:45:00 EDT 2005

Michael L Blood wrote:

> The Tucson Auction will be held Saturday, Feb 4, 7:30 PM

Dear Listees:

Michael and I have already put our heads together regarding scheduling
for Tucson '06. As always, it is our intention to hold the Meteor
Mayhem Birthday Bash/Harvey Awards on the same weekend at Michael's
auction. This is to accommodate those who are only able to fly in to
town for a few days. We expect the annual party to be on Friday, Feb.
3, 2006, location TBA. We hope to return to the Copper Club at the
former Vagabond Inn/Ramada University on N. Oracle, if they will
re-open for Tucson '06.

I believe that Allan Lang will be holding his annual R.A. Langheinrich
Meteorites auction of high-end meteorites on the same weekend.

I was in brief communication with Darryl Pitt recently, and am sorry to
report that his friend and client Michael Brecker is very seriously
ill. Darryl said he was therefore unable to commit to any plans
regarding a Macovich Collection auction for Tucson '06 at this time.

We'll post further info when we have it, but for those of you wishing
to make advance bookings, the weekend of Feb. 4 - 6, 2006 will be when
we hold most or all of the large social functions.

Regards,

Geoff N.