[meteorite-list] Raffle Update, Monday

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Mon Sep 12 23:17:27 EDT 2005

Greetings Listees, Raffleers, and Meteorite Mavens:

Online raffle ticket sales are OVER. Whew! There was a lot of activity
this morning, so thanks to everyone who purchased today.

Cheers one more time for Steve Schoner and his last-minute donation of
the amazing Nininger star.

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-raffle.htm

If you need to buy raffle tickets from me in Denver, please BRING YOUR
CHECKBOOK, make a check out to the Red Cross, and give it to me. I do
not want your cash in my pocket with all those meteorites lying around
  : )   Friday night, September 16 at the COMETS auction, is the
absolute last chance to buy tix. We will not be able to accept ticket
purchases on the day of the drawing.

Hats off to Sigrid Leenen (donator), Martin Altmann (facilitator),
Partick Hermann (lucky winner) for the Vernon County, Wisconsin,  Ebay
sale, which closed today. Vernon County is a very rare American fall,
March 26, 1865 -- just realized that was only about ten days before the
end of the American Civil War. Anyway, a generous $300 went into the
kitty today as a result of that auction.

So, here's how much you raised for our Gulf States survivors:

International and domestic raffle ticket sales via PayPal and E-checks:
  $10,042.30
Raffle ticket sales by check and cash:  $1,160.00
Vernon County Ebay auction:  $300.00

Total = $11,502.30

We're still waiting on a couple of checks and Ebay auctions so we will
likely close the books just a little higher than that. I will post a
final total after the Denver show. Money has been going to the Red
Cross in partial payments for the past week. I'll let you know when
it's all been received.

Special thanks to Lisa Morrison and Cindy Sue Johnson who put in some
serious time with me here in Tucson over the weekend to get those
tickets ready.

Everyone give yourself a big pat on the back.

Geoff N.
Raffle Maniac
http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-raffle.htm