[meteorite-list] Final Round of Raffle Prizes

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Sat Sep 10 16:49:44 EDT 2005

Dear Friends and Listees:

The final raffle prize additions are now ready for your viewing
pleasure. We will not be adding any more prizes to the website:

http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-raffle.htm

Newest prizes are listed first, and they include:

-  An amazing 100% crusted, perfectly oriented nose cone Park Forest
stone, 1.1 grams, donated by Steve Arnold IMB. Steve found 113 stones
in the Park Forest strewn field. This was the very last one, and the
only perfect nose cone he recovered. A great way to end 44 days in the
field!

-  Part slice of NWA 1222, a rare Enstatite (EL5), in membrane/Riker
display, donated by Allan and Iris Lang.

-  An excellent 42-gram, 100% crusted Thuathe H4, complete stone,
donated by Dr. Ronnie MacKenzie and Fred Olsen. This fine stone was
found by Mphosi Tsoaeli, and is recorded as # 112 in David Ambrose's
catalog.

-  Complete polished Thuathe slice, with lots of metal, donated by
Geoff Cintron.

-  Very attractive 2,910-gram Campo del Cielo individual with good
character, donated by Vince Pellerin and Jose Guggiari of Rockgems

-  A pair of matching Denver COMETS beer mugs. Yes, it's true, two of
these limited edition, sold out, commemorative 2005 Denver Show mugs,
designed and commissioned by the COMETS. Not available in stores!
Donated by the Denver COMETS.

-  "Meteorites A to Z," donated by Anne Black. A copy of the
Jensen/Black book will reside in Blaine Reed's room throughout the
show, and all members of the meteorite community in attendance will be
asked to sign it.

-  Also added: photos of the signed "Comet Strikes the Earth" and Glenn
Huss' Meteoritical Society portfolio, donated by Fred Hall.

-  Also lots of rare micromount runner-up prizes donated by Steve
Arnold IMB, and a collection of meteorite books (also for runners-up)
donated by Rob Reisener.

-  Finally, more detailed information about the Sonny Clary/Rob
Reisener meteorite hunting expedition prize.

*** PLEASE NOTE: You can still purchase raffle tickets, we have just
stopped accepting donations of prizes. ***

Ticket sales will end this coming Monday, September 12, at Noon, U.S.
Pacific Time. If you want tickets please buy them today and don't wait
for the last minute. We need time to make up the actual tickets and get
them to Denver.

Other news:  Stan Turecki is running a special charity auction on Ebay,
in conjunction with our effort. He has put up a 4.02 gram crusted slice
of his olivine lunar gabbro. An extremely generous offer by Stan.
Please support his sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6560273044

I am waiting for some checks to arrive, but total ticket sales are now
in the region of $8,000.

Yes, that was eight thousand dollars.

Thanks to all who have donated prizes and bought tickets, and
ESPECIALLY to Martin Altmann, Mike Jensen, Anne Black, and Sonny Clary
who have helped so much with the behind-the-scenes work needed to make
our event happen.

See you in Denver!

Geoff N.