[meteorite-list] Raffle without Paypal for Europeans

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 11:59:02 EDT 2005

Martin A. wrote:

>PS: I suggest to make an ebay auction on US-ebay with
>Blaine Reed's fantastic donation - will bring more cash.

I am not sure about that, I believe the opposite is true - Why make it easy
for fat cats like Augustus Gloop & Veruca Salt?  Make them work  harder (=more
tix, more! more!)!  And also the majority who are Charlie's  of the world who
have already pitched in might find $10 in the snow for one more  Wonka Bar...
 And those sitting on the fence now can be further swayed  instead of saving
up for the eBay auction.  The selection, including the  New Orleans pieces
already there is beyond what I had dreamed, ...but, my  suggestion is Nawlins' is
the type specimen, after all...and the raffle is a  group effort.  TKW rules
(or is this a case of Jeff's "TAW"?).   Unless, Blaine has any preference,
that trumps.  Thanks to Blaine and each  and every other donor for creating this
topic, and to Geoff for the initiative,  and Meteorite-Martin for spearheading
the effort in Europe!  My two  centavos...

Doug
"Save New Orleans 5.8 for the Masses Charity  Committee"