[meteorite-list] Charity Raffle Update, Sunday

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Sun Sep 4 23:39:30 EDT 2005

Dear Friends and Meteorite Community Colleagues:

Good evening all. I am very pleased to be able to share this image with
you:

http://www.aerolite.org/1000.htm

It is a receipt from the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund 2005
for $1,000. That is the amount of money which I sent in today -- a
direct result of your very generous contributions to our charity
raffle. I had to list my own name, as the transfer came from my
account, but I listed "Meteorite Community" as the company, and that's
something I hope you can all feel very good about. I also hope we'll be
able to send in a lot more $$ during the coming week.

I received more than ten new prizes today, and photos will be added to
the charity raffle website tomorrow. These include rare Nininger books;
excellent meteorite specimens from the Michael Farmer Collection and
Impactika; a two-year subscription to "Meteorite" magazine; with more
items on the way . . . and we are working on a special surprise
super-prize which I hope to announce tomorrow.

We are still accepting donations of meteorite-related prizes.

Raffle ticket sales continue at
http://www.aerolite.org/meteorite-raffle.htm

I will post another update tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who is supporting this venture.

Geoff N.
Tucson, AZ