[meteorite-list] OT: New Orleans blamestorming

Manoj Pai manojpai at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 03:40:23 EDT 2005

> So I take it you believe that "so-called" global
> warming had something
> to do with the severity of Hurricane Katrina.
> Sadly, I'm sure you are
> not alone in this misguided belief.

The August 2005 issue of National Geographic Magazine
featured an article on Hurricane Warnings. The article
pointed out that the increase of hurricane freqency
and resultant damages were due to the rapid rise in
ocean temperature.

(OT Here : Begining with raging fires in forests of
Portugal and Spain, followed by devasting floods in
Switzerland, Russia and parts of N. Europe. And now
this Hurricane. I hope our friends and their family
members in these areas are ok.)

Manoj