[meteorite-list] Re: Searching for unusual meteorite stories

chris aubeck caubeck at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 15:27:01 EDT 2005

Hi Martin,

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I was seeking, a
shame it's no longer available.

Can you tell me something about Burke's book Cosmic
Debris? I am currently in the middle of Spain and
don't have access to a library. And please CC me to
caubeck at gmail.com, as I've abandoned this Yahoo
account now and can't seem to transfer my membership
to this list to caubeck at gmail.com.

Many thanks!

Chris

Martin H. planetwhy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 13:00:59 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

There are plenty of tall tales in when meteorites are
involved. In particular, the Tsarev meteorite might
be one to consider.

There used to be a good page online, but I cannot get
it to work right now. In the November 1999 issue of
Meteorite magazine, Roy Gallant wrote about in his
story The "Fiery Snake" of Tsarev.

I have some info from the article in my Accretion Desk

article that can be found at:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2005/march/Accretion_Desk.htm

Also, there are wonderful stories embedded within
Burke's book Cosmic Debris.

Cheers,

Martin

--- chris aubeck <caubeck at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear list,

> I am compiling a catalogue of "tall" meteorite

> tales,

> everything from meteorites which come with messages

> inscribed on them to rocks from the sky that open

> and

> reveal Martian mummies inside, or toads! I have also

> collected articles claiming aerolites are skulls and

> that Earth's fossils were moon creatures caught up

> in

> lunar whirlwinds...

> If anyone can has come across any tales of this kind

> would very much appreciate a reply at

> caubeck at gmail.com

> I'm currently changing my list address from Yahoo to

> Gmail but it takes a couple of days.

> Many thanks,

> Chris Aubeck

> c/Mayor 51, 3 B,