[meteorite-list] How to recognise lunar, martian, other achondrites only by crust ?

Pelé Pierre-Marie pierremariepele at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 16 16:11:46 EDT 2005

Hello to the List.

I was wondering how some meteorite hunters have the
ability to recognise rare achondrites (lunar, martian,
eucrites, diogenites) only by the look of the crust ?

I'm really amazed how some lucky meteorite collectors
found rare achondrites in  a box of stones from
morrocan dealers.

What are the characteristics of martian, lunar or HED
crusts ?

Best regards,

Piere-Marie PELE