[meteorite-list] Meteorite calendar for 2006?

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 14:36:39 EST 2005

Hola Tracy,

Just to add another  option:

Print Shops, the photo department in some big department stores,  Kinko's
type 24-hour copy shops, etc., frequently offer a service of making  calenders.
While the quality may vary,and while it doesn't really fit the  Tulipmania of
meteorite commerce, an alternative is that you can bring 12  pictures and get
your own calendar made.  So the June Calendar shot can be  that June meteorite
hunting vacation, your birthday month can be a picture you  find of the
meteorite that fell on your birthday, an anniversary, etc...  February can be that
shot of you and Bob Haag in the Desert Inn in Tucson   - the possibilities are
endless:)

The calendars are not to much more  expensive (and sometimes cheaper), you
get the personalized touch, and there are  extras to look for:
1. captions under the month pictures (Matteo: only  ourselves to blame for an
error:-) )
2. captions on individual days (watch  out Anne...there's an birthdayish idea)
3. slick finish
4. Spiral  binding

For those of you that like to modify photos, maybe a big  meteorite on your
favorite kid's shoulders like Atlas holding the  world....

And that wouldn't stop us from buying a commercial calendar,  too, right?  I
think (not positive) that since it is for personal use you  could use any
picture you find to stick up in your kitchen on the calendar, but  of course you
are making a commercial calander you are more restricted as to the  images.

Finally, I am sure there is a better service if someone has a  moment to find
it on the internet, where you can design all these things in the  comfort of
your own home on your computer and upload the images and text...click  "make
calendar,, put in your credit card and shipping info and then pick it up  at
your doorstep) anyone wanna look for a reasonable link?

Saludos,  Doug
(Still making my own greeting cards after all these  years)

En un mensaje con fecha 11/21/2005 12:22:40 PM  Mexico Standard Time,
mcomemeteorite2004 at yahoo.it escribe:
I hope in a nice  calendar, in the last the quality is
not many nice and I have find some  mistakes in the
numbers

Matteo

--- tracy latimer  <daistiho at hotmail.com> ha scritto:

> Is anyone putting out a  meteorite calendar for 2006?
>  The last 2 years'
> calendars  have been very successful around my house,
> so I'd rather pick one
> up if available, alternatives being a generic one
> from a local  charity, etc.
>
> Tracy Latimer

Saludos, Doug