[meteorite-list] oriented vs orientated

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 00:13:23 EST 2005

11/11/2005 11:07:49 PM Mexico Standard Time, ncaliva escribe:

Hi everyone I'm new but have been watching for a month or so. Which way is
right for meteorites oriented or orientated?

Hola NCALIVA, Welcome to the crowd!

We actually had some posts about this in the past - you can search the
archives to see them accessed from the meteoritecentral.com page, or better  yet a
site search on google for the word orientated meteorite.

There was no firm conclusion the way I remember, though there were some
strong opinions that thought orientated was a bastardization of the word
orientation, and that oriented was proper.  Why make words longer than you  have
too...unless you have a special rational.  So oriented would be the  first choice.
At least that was the majority opinion.  Hope that  helps!
Saludos, Doug