[meteorite-list] AD - A FEW DANDYS

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sun May 22 13:54:48 EDT 2005

Mark B. wrote:

>On another comment I have seen you make several times
>publicly, which you have a little here, is towards the line that
>dealers are not giving with science.   That people have  problems
>getting 20 grams or 20%.

Sorry, for what it's worth, if you felt my  disagreement and expression of it
regarding your thought process in the  recent public dispute with David was
inappropiate.  I think you are also  hyperbolically wrong in the above comment.
 Mark, I recently even  publically posted "Whoever has the meteorites makes
the rules."  So let me  repeat the take-off on the Golden Rule:  "WHOEVER HAS
THE METEORITES MAKES  THE RULES"

That I would challenge an owner or be happy to see a  space rock them to
donate more to science or education is nothing to loose  sleep over, and that I
support official channels when it comes to meteorite  authenticity and truth in
labeling, over chaos, are my  idiosyncracies.  We already discussed this at
length in private.  So I  feel it is yesterday's newspaper and I'd like to ask
for your approval to move  on rather than change the focus of the thread from
respect and interpretation of  MetSoc practices to the churlish subject of your
or my  tendencies.

Congratulations on the KSU (found in the university  collection like
Lafayette?) and the other two meteorites that have been  classified thanks in part to
some of your initiative.
Gongho Saludos,  Doug