[meteorite-list] AD - A FEW DANDYS

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sat May 21 03:48:53 EDT 2005

Mark B mentions:

>Once they approve it I think you can say its official.

Hola Mark, A name is official when you are allowed to use it in a
Meteoritical Society publication, right?  I would suspect the only way the  NomCom is
going to give advance approval via magic emails, is if you promise you  are
working on a peer-reviewed paper for publication in a scientific journal
especially MAPS, and need an approved name for your rock, and have the don to
convince them.  I heard through the grapevine, however, that those magic  emails were
also available to commercial dealers with no publications, one of  the
amounts of:  an additional 5 grams or 5% type specimen contribution, or  $500 to the
endowment, as long as it isn't the smallest of the three.   Saludos, Doug