[meteorite-list] 77-78 MI fall?

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Thu May 19 12:25:16 EDT 2005

Hello Tom and list,

My archives show a a California and Nevada meteor, June 18, 1977.  My 1978
files are not as complete as the 1977 and I do not show any meteors during
the summer of 1978.  Ask me in a month or two and I might have a different
story.

The 1977 newspapers, during the summer months, have been heavily searched by
me and Simone in search of articles on the Old Woman meteorite, so I would
guess, if the event happened in the summer of 1977 or 1978, that is was
1978.  This should be taken likely of course.

The Old Woman meteorite was (rightfully) removed from its find location on
June 17, 1977.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com