[meteorite-list] Ceres, Luna, Jupiter, and ancient astronomers

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Wed May 18 16:26:10 EDT 2005

Ron reminded:

> Ceres is thought   to be of carbonaceous chondrite composition -
> and if so is probably the  biggest  Carbonaceous  Chondrite in the Solar
>  System

It is probably the largest in the main asteroid belt, but I  wouldn't rule out
anything from the Kuiper Belt just yet.

Ron  Baalke

OK Duly noted!  Change probably to "the largest we think we  have been sure
about until recently when anything has become  possible"

And also than Summer Solstice and Vernal Equinox (Not Spring  Solstice and
Vernal Equinox)

...;-) Doug