AW: [meteorite-list] Re: 13.5 kg lunar

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sat May 14 10:23:49 EDT 2005

Norbert C. escribe:
Maybe there's a good part to that sad news, too, and  that
is that this whopper probably won't ruin the lunar market

Hola Norbert,  I fail to see why you perceive a silver lining by  preventing
Lunar specimens to become accessible to the hands of amazed parent
enthusiasts and collectors and the wonder of inspiring its wondrous effects with  kids
alike.  What possible reason other than the desire to control or  monopolize
could you possibly be thinking??  Some of us aren't speculators,  you know and
truly are excluded on the base of price.  We are appreciate  the possibility of
an occasional Zagami incident.  We have managed to be  smiling all along
without getting envious.  Please rethink what you are  saying and why...and your
whole vision of what a meteorite collector is...   Your post indicates that if
you decided, you would like material available, but  only for those who happen
to have a huge purse...Patience - Don't worry that  will happen, it almost
always invariablely does.  And within 20 years  after, much fresher Lunar
specimens at the price of gold will be  commonplace...for those of us still around.
In the mean time, how nice  that this finder seems to be happy to share the
meteorite with scientists!   That is the best start...
Saludos, Doug