[meteorite-list] Fresh Allende Crust white mineralization

McCartney Taylor mccartney at blackbearddata.com
Fri May 13 11:16:56 EDT 2005

>From my Mexico trip last month, I got a 285g Allende that was alledgedly
recovered a few days after the fall. A horrible fuzzy picture was in the website
http://www.westernwelltool.com/trip-22APR05/morito.htm
I have better pictures below of the 285g Allende.

>From the purple tint on the crust, I do believe it was fairly fresh, but I'm
interested in the white mineralization (not CAI) that is on the outside.

What is it, and what caused it?

http://www.westernwelltool.com/Allende_285/large2.jpg
http://www.westernwelltool.com/Allende_285/large.jpg
http://www.westernwelltool.com/Allende_285/large3.jpg
http://www.westernwelltool.com/Allende_285/large4.jpg

Oh, and it is for sale. $5.5/g.  If no one buys it by next friday, I'm cutting it up to
make beer coasters.

--  McCartneyTaylor, IMCA 2760