WHERE HUNTING was [meteorite-list] Meteorite Hunters Released from Oman

michel FRANCO michel at caillou-noir.com
Fri May 13 03:55:03 EDT 2005

Dear Adam and list

TKS for the good news.

This past event makes me think more about meteorite hunting in deserts (
Sahara, Arabic peninsula, etc...)

I think it will be great to have the exact knowledge of the different
laws ruling our known hunting places, and other potentially rich in
meteorites countries. I am think of  Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mali,
Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Tunesia, Western Sahara.

I only know that Algeria forbids  prospecting for meteorites inside its
borders.
I have heard that it is the same in Tunesia.

Best regards

Michel FRANCO
www.caillou-noir.com