[meteorite-list] Is Amgala Official? / New Bulletin

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Tue May 10 14:26:39 EDT 2005

En un mensaje con fecha 05/10/2005 12:47:53 PM  Mexico Daylight Time,
raremeteorites at comcast.net escribe:
>Another note: I  still think most will still use the name Amgala. This is
>because most  collectors know it under this name.

Hola Adam, I don't think so.  I  don't remember who gave it that name, (maybe
it was you) but it will just be an  informal synonym that will not die but
simply fade away into the ever changing  sands of the desert...The nice little
Oum Dreyga pebble I got from you and Greg  is already updated from the informal
Amgala name, and I don't think the cottage  label industry will be turning
out Amgala labels for it, most certainly any  museum or scientist won't be
making any exception for the nomenclature - no  doubt Amgala is reserved for the
next genuine fall there predicted in a decade  or so:-).  "Amgala" had a nice
ring to it, though, now we are back to Oum's  and Ben's - it will blend right
in...I am starting to like the name.  Does  anyone know the meaning of the word
"Dreyga"?  It reminds me of Draco, the  Dragon...
Saludos, Doug