[meteorite-list] possible new illinois meteorite find

Mark Langenfeld mlangen at execpc.com
Mon May 9 10:12:42 EDT 2005

Bob is right, Steve.  The glaciers brought down tons of magnetite from
the great iron deposits of northern Minnesota and Wisconsin and
Michigan's U.P. The stuff is all over; everything from pebbles to
boulders. And a lot of it weathers dark, looking a little bit like a
fusion crust.

Good luck, but don't get your hopes up.

Mark

> Steve,
>
> Theres alot of that stuff out here all over the place. If you look
hard you
> will find more.
>
> Bob

CoreComm Webmail.