[meteorite-list] Crater maker

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sun Mar 20 22:56:16 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:09:49 -0500, Darren Garrison <cynapse at charter.net> wrote:

>There was a study done in the Sikhote Alin strewnfield where, for craters that had the original
>impactor still in them, the size of the crater was compaired to the size of the impactor, and a
>graph made.  However, even though I know OF the study being done, I don't know where to find those
>results.  Maybe someone here has it.

I've been looking for that data on Sikhote-Alin on the web via Google.  I know that the researcher's
name was Valentin Tsvetkov (pulled from the book Meteorite Hunter by Roy A. Gallant-- if you haven't
read it, you should).  I'm not getting the data, but I'm getting lots of references to a Governor in
the Russian east by that name who was assassinated in Moscow.  Same person, or coincidence?