[meteorite-list] The Hupes' NWA 3148 eucrite ...

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Wed Mar 16 17:07:13 EST 2005

.. is blowing my socks off !

I found my NWA 3148 eucrite slice (containing rare zircons) in my
mailbox today. Apart from what may be some orange-brown zircons,
this eucrite also contains appreciable amounts of shiny, fresh metal,
looks brecciated to me (although it isn't) and displays the most vivid,
fresh colors of white, gray and black that I have so far seen in any of
my eucrites. Thank you, Greg, for another beauty from the Hot Deserts
of Northwest Africa.

Best wishes and
off to bed now,

Bernd