[meteorite-list] Thanks goes to Lars Pendersen

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Tue Mar 15 14:09:51 EST 2005

With all of the talk of meteorites being "lost" in the mail, especially to Europe, and with the
speculation on some of those "lost" items having been won at a price where it would be better for
the seller to give a refund on the "lost" item rather than send it in the first place, I want to
publicly praise Lars Pendersen.  I recently won a 18 gram slice of NWA 987 from him at much less
than the current market price and much less than his cost.  But he sent it anyway, and it arrived
today.  I think that some sellers would rather "lose" the piece and eat a bad feedback point rather
than take the loss.

Here's the original auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6516182766

and here's a scan of both sides of the slice I just made:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/nwa987.jpg